Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Joe Jonas unveils 'Love Slayer,' talks Britney and Chris Brown, etc


 

Jonas' 'Fastlife' is set for a fall release, and in an exclusive interview with AOL Music, the newly solo singer talked about his plans to open for his schoolboy crush, Britney Spears, on the European leg of her Femme Fatale tour, told us his favorite 'Fastlife' tracks, and weighed the pros and cons of performing without his brothers.

Are you excited to perform with Britney Spears?


I'm very excited. Her music, her talent is historic. It'll be an honor to share the stage with her. I'm looking forward to it.
What other female talents are you a fan of?

I think Stevie Nicks is an all-time favorite musical talent. Her melodies and lyrics are incredible.

How has it been performing solo, without your brothers?

Well, looking to my left and right and being all alone is a change. But I feel ready to take some time to do the solo project. I love getting on stage. I feel at home.

What do you want your fans to take away from your upcoming album 'Fastlife'?


I want the fans to hopefully have fun with this record -- to listen to it, enjoy it, to really feel like they can cut loose. I wrote with the intention that the fans will relate with what I am going through.

Which track on the new album are you are most excited about?


My favorite tracks off the album are 'I'm Sorry' and 'Fastlife.'

You were recently filming a video for 'Just in Love With You' in Paris. Being an international, jet-setter superstar, what's your favorite city you've visited so far?


Funny enough, Paris is one of my favorite cities in the world ... the food, the people, romance. It's somewhere I think everyone should go to in their life.

You've recently said that your dream would be to open for Chris Brown who co-wrote 'See No More' for your upcoming album. What's the best part about working with him?


He is incredibly talented. His songwriting is smart and fresh. It's nice to have someone who is thinking of new lyric writing. I'm looking forward to working with him again.

Who are your other favorite male artists?


Mick Jagger, Bono, Paul McCartney -- all of whom are amazing performers and incredibly talented. I have, and always will, look up to them as the greats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...