Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Aaliyah's Death Inspired Alicia Keys Song 'If I Ain't Got You"


Alicia Keys has revealed that her song "If I Ain't Got You" was inspired by singer Aaliyah's death.

Keys, who is releasing the 10th anniversary edition of her Grammy-winning album Songs in A minor on June 28, said of the 2003 single from The Diary of Alicia Keys: "[It] was also such an incredible song for me, it just means so much. Certain songs change everything. This was one of them. The song idea came together right after Aaliyah passed away. It was such a sad time and no one wanted to believe it. It just made everything crystal clear to me — what matters, and what doesn't."

She added: "It came quickly and I was so moved to write it and it doesn't matter how many times I sing it, I love it with the same intensity as when I first wrote and recorded it."

Keys is slated to perform at this year's BET Awards on June 26 in Los Angeles.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...