Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Radio Maliboom Boom Concert Interviews Ciara


What could be more summer-licious than sipping fruity Malibu Rum drinks while grooving poolside to the Grammy-winning sounds of R&B princess Ciara, with DJ Skribble providing the party soundtrack in between? That's right - nothing! Head to Finnegan's on the River (401 SW 3rd Ave., Miami) Saturday night (July 16) in Miami from 8 p.m. to midnight to get your flip-flop on with the kick-off of Malibu’s Radio Maliboom Boom Station Invasion. Ciara - who's sure to perform hits including "1, 2 Step," "Oh" and "Goodies" - talked to Miami.com about the tour and its signature drink.


So you're heading down to Miami to kick off your tour. What do you think of the city?

Oh god, I love Miami, and it's so funny because I always used to dread having to travel to Miami, because it seems to be so much farther than everywhere else. And now it's the place that I, like, can't wait to go to. And so I'm ready to go and vibe with my fans - I haven't performed there in so long, so that's gonna be really fun. And with a tour like this, it's really sexy, so I'm just looking forward to having another great Miami experience.

So what's the concept behind this tour?

Well, it's Malibu Rum, and they put the tour together, and the concept of it is basically to celebrate Malibu Rum and having fun, sexy energy and everybody having the summer beach vibe.

How long will you play, and what can we expect from your set?

I don't know why, for some reason I hate telling people the amount of time I'll play [laughs]. It's just better for you to actually just see it, and then enjoy it for what you do get to see. Of course, it's only right that I rock my hit records for my fans, and give them some new wrinkles here and there. As always, I'll try to give my fans as much energy as possible, and make sure that when they walk away, they've had one of the best experiences ever.

So do you like Malibu Rum?

I do, actually. It's so funny, because I'm not really a drinker at all - I'm like a social drinker, I should say. But this is one of the drinks I have - this is my favorite drink out of all the drinks. I've always been a fan of Malibu Rum - I actually drank it on my 21st birthday, which was my first introduction to alcohol [laughs], and it happens to be my favorite drink to go to, just because it's not so heavy, you know? And it really is a fun and sexy drink.

What's next for you in the studio?

Hmm. I can't tell you that just yet, but all I have to say is that I'm extremely excited about a lot of things coming forward, and as always my goal is to make sure that I make my fans walk away satisfied.

If you weren't a singer, what would you be doing today?

My way of making money when I was younger was doing hair in my neighborhood, so I've always wanted to own a hair salon. I would definitely still want to do things in the world of entertainment, just minus the singing. I couldn't imagine my world without doing that, but if that were the case, whatever it is, I just know I'd be the CEO of whatever I'm doing.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...