Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

M.I.A. Hits the Studio With Chris Brown

It's been a minute since M.I.A. has been on the scene, but according to a tweet from music producer Polow Da Don, the British rapper/singer is in the studio recording with Chris Brown.

"In the lab with the great @ChrisBrown THE LAB WIT THE GREAT @chrisbrown and the incredible @_M_I_A_ Thank you, Dear Lord!” Polow wrote. “I’ve waited on this moment my whole career!!!! It's happening. Magic is upon us. Let's go!!!!"

CB also confirmed the news with Team Breezy on his website, writing, "Was in the studio with the incredible M.I.A and Polow!! Amazing artist! Real talent."

M.I.A. is a rapper/singer of Sri-Lankan descent who crossed over into the mainstream with the monster single "Paper Planes" back in 2008. She rose to popularity within the hip hop community after a line from the song "Paper Planes" ("no one on the corner has swagger like us") was sampled and used for T.I.'s "Swagger Like Us" cut featuring Jay-Z, Lil' Wayne and Kanye West. She is currently in the studio; a date and title for the new project hasn't been announced.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...