Monday, January 9, 2012
Ringo Starr’s new album, Ringo 2012, coming out in January
Ringo Starr’s 17th solo studio record, and his second on Hip-O/Ume will be released on January 31, 2012 in the United States (Internationally, January 30, 2012.)
Titled simply “Ringo 2012” and produced by Ringo, it was recorded in LA and mixed in England by Ringo and Bruce Sugar, and features 9 songs.
Of the 9 tracks two are covers, “Think It Over,” and “Rock Island Line” and two are new versions of his own songs, “Wings” and “Step Lightly.”
The track listing is as follows:
1. Anthem (Richard Starkey/Glen Ballard)
2. Wings (Richard Starkey/Vince Poncia)
3. Think It Over (Buddy Holly/Norman Perry)
4. Samba (Richard Starkey/Van Dyke Parks)
5. Rock Island Line (Arrangement by Richard Starkey)
6. Step Lightly (Richard Starkey)
7. Wonderful (Richard Starkey/Gary Nicholson)
8. In Liverpool (Richard Starkey/Dave Stewart)
9. Slow Down (Richard Starkey/Joe Walsh)
Joining Ringo in the studio for Ringo 2012 were musicians (in alphabetical order): Michael Bradford, Ann Marie Calhoun, Matt Cartsonis, Steve Dudas, Charlie Haden, Amy Keys, Kelly Moneymaker, Richard Page, Van Dyke parks, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Dave Stewart, Bruce Sugar, Benmont Tench, Joe Walsh , Don Was, Edgar Winter.
“Ringo 2012” will be released digitally, on CD and vinyl.