Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nicole Scherzinger's 'Killer' Debut Pushed to 2012


Nicole Scherzinger's first solo album has been pushed back yet again, the Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. "Killer Love," which initially had a release date of Nov. 15, and was moved to December, will now be coming out in 2012, says an Interscope Records rep.
The singer's debut has been marred in many delays -- several years' worth if you count the ill-fated album Her Name Is Nicole, which Scherzinger worked on from 2006 to 2008 but never saw released. While Killer Love did come out in the UK, where it landed at No. 8 on the country's album chart and has sold more than 140,000 copies, thanks in large part to the strength of single, "Don't Hold Your Breath," a No. 1 hit, it appears Scherzinger is still tinkering with the U.S. version, which features an alternate track-listing and production by RedOne, Jim Jonsin, The-Dream,Harvey Mason, Jr. (with R. Kelly) and Tricky Stewart. Featured guests reportedly include 50 Cent ("Right There"), Snoop Dogg ("Peep Show") and Sting ("Power's Out").

"I'm doing the best music I can for my fans," the Pussycat Dolls singer-turned-X Factor judge tells THR. "Music that they can relate to, that they can be inspired by, that they'll fall in love with, that will ignite them... When I'm not at X Factor, I'm at the studio at night. I feel amazing about [the album]."

And even though the album and its many delays has become somewhat of an industry punch-line, it doesn't appear that Scherzinger takes it all that personally. "You know what, I've been waiting for it so long, I don't even care about a couple more months," she says. "What's the difference? It's coming out when it's ready to come out."

In the meantime, Scherzinger is dedicating herself to "X Factor," which she adds "is taking up a lot more of my time than I anticipated. In addition to my duties as a judge, the mentoring is a full-time job. I want to make sure that when I put my album out, I have the time to devote to promoting it."

billboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...