Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Adkins forges on, to release new album in August

Life is full of highs and lows for Trace Adkins right now.


The country singer is forging on after losing his house in a fire June 4, announcing during his performance at the CMA Music Festival last weekend that he's going ahead with plans to release a new album in early August.


Adkins hasn't missed a performance and doesn't expect to after briefly returning home from Alaska following the fire to check on his family.

"My wife (Rhonda) and kids, they're the only ones I'm concerned about," Adkins said in a phone interview Tuesday from Burlington, Iowa. "And it's a huge adjustment for them. I think they're still in shock."

A faulty power strip under a workbench in the family's garage was the cause of the fire. Adkins takes a "that stuff was just stuff" attitude. But the loss does enter his mind often and sometimes from strange angles.

"I realized I needed a shave and I had to go buy some razors," Adkins said. "Just little things like that, you just don't even think about it and then all of the sudden you say, `I need ... oh, I don't have that anymore.'"

His excitement over "Proud to be Here" leavens some of the emotional upheaval in his life. He calls it his favorite album "in a long time," and thinks it shows the kind of range he finds satisfying, from straight-up country to R&B-flavored songs and deep blues.

"I think I've gotten a little closer to the reason I moved to Nashville and got in this business in the first place, which was to make Ronnie Milsap records," Adkins said. "I've never made any secret about that. All I'm doing is copying Ronnie Milsap. What I mean by that is I always loved the way Ronnie was able to do what he wanted to do, the kind of music that he wanted to do. And he did everything well."

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...