Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Skylar Grey Shares Album Details, Surprise Collaboration


Skylar Grey has helped Eminem and Rihanna, Diddy-Dirty Money, and Dr. Dre score chart-topping hits, and now she’s applying the magic to herself. One of this year’s breakthrough talents, the singer-songwriter described what we can expect from her Wonderland Music/Interscope Records debut, which was executive produced by hitmaker Alex Da Kid.

A buzz single will be released “within the next couple of weeks” followed by the album in the fall. “I’m going to put out a buzz single first and then do the official single in June and the album in the fall,” the Grammy nominee told Rap-Up TV at the BMI Pop Music Awards.

“Sonically I can tell you that every song sounds different and it’s really diverse, kind of going from cinematic to fun to dark. Alex and I really push each other creatively, which I think is good. Sometimes it’s painful and I get stubborn and he gets stubborn, but that’s what makes the music so great.”

While she may be known for her big name collabos, she’s keeping the features to a minimum on her album. “Right now I only have one feature on my album, but it’s somebody you would never expect.”

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...