Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Madonna talks M.I.A. and Britney


Madonna called in to “On Air with Ryan Seacrest” to discuss her Super Bowl performance including the controversy around M.I.A.‘s digit malfunction, and whether or not we can expect Britney Spears on her upcoming single “Girls Gone Wild.”
Since stepping off the Super Bowl stage controversy has swirled due to Madonna’s guest performer M.I.A. raising a middle finger during the performance. Madonna confesses: “I was really surprised. I didn’t know anything about it. I wasn’t happy about it. I understand it’s punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity it seemed negative. It’s such a teenager…irrelevant thing to do…there was such a feeling of love and unity there what was the point? It was just out of place.”

Can we expect more gladiator motifs from Madonna’s upcoming world tour? “Oh god no! I don’t want to repeat myself. I never do that! I am having auditions all next week. Then I’m going to shoot the video for ‘Girls Gone Wild’ after that, then I start rehearsals,” she says. Madonna also squashed rumors that Britney may make an appearance on her upcoming single “Girls Gone Wild” saying, ”No, it’s just little ol’ me.”

The “Material Girl” shared that the most stressful moments of her Super Bowl performance were “when my throne docked on the stage…then getting my cartwheels on the bleachers right. Once I got past those two moments I knew I was sailing home.” However while performing her hit “Like A Prayer” with Cee Lo Green she “was overwhelmed. I started crying. I felt an incredible sense of warmth, love, and support. To see an entire stadium light up like candles it was…like a religious experience.”

Pre-order Madonna’s new album MDNA is due out on March 26th which has “a lot of up tempo [music], but I also have three ballads which I haven’t done in a while. Something for everyone!”

SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...