Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dawn Richard Announces Solo Plans


After years of remaining in the shadows, Dawn Richard’s moment has arrived. The Dirty Money singer-songwriter is ready to fly solo with her first album. She exclusively revealed the title to Rap-Up TV and gave us a first listen to a couple tracks, including the whimsical intro “Hollywood Story” (Rob Holliday) and “Running from Sane” (D’Mile), the latter of which was inspired by Phil Collins and Meat Loaf.

The former Danity Kane member explained that the conceptual project, due on Bad Boy, will be a trilogy with the first release GoldenHeart coming in late 2011/early 2012 with BlackHeart and RedemptionHeart to follow.

Her fans (or “Hearts” as she calls them) got a taste of what’s to come with her previously released mixtape A Tell Tale Heart, but she’s excited to share her complete vision with them.

“The last six years have been a battle for people to understand and conform me into what they really want me to be and I’ve kind of had to protect that throughout this whole journey,” said the New Orleans native. “It’s kind of the story of me protecting this golden heart, which really kind of symbolizes my own heart and my passion for this music thing and really who I am.”

After appearing in two successful groups, it’s time for Dawn’s voice to be heard. “It’s so exciting for me right now. I’m coming into my own. I’m deciding to say I really don’t care if you think I’m not pretty enough or sexy enough or you don’t think the sound is dope enough. I’m really falling in love with who I am and falling in love with the concept of what I’m choosing to do.”

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...