Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Red Café Enlists Lady Gaga for Debut Album



Red Café has spent the last few years heating up the streets with mixtape offerings, while his elusive debut studio album was put on pause several times after changing labels. But after smashing the Internet with his recent Above the Cloudz mixtape, the Bad Boy/Konvict Muzik spitter promises that his album is coming this summer – and he’s got a record that’ll make listeners go Gaga.

The Brooklyn native revealed that he’s recorded a coveted collabo with Lady Gaga for his untitled solo debut, with pop artisan RedOne handling production. “With Gaga, when she did her first album [The Fame], I was with her for her whole first album,” he told YRBMagazine.com. “This was at the time when it first happened, and Akon jumped in and we were working with RedOne.”

The duet, which was recorded two years ago, came as a result of the pair sharing studio space. “We were working in the same studio every day. She had the nighttime shift, I had the daytime,” he continued, explaining that he gleaned some advice from the eccentric pop star. “She even gave me tips. It’s great to watch her work. She’s really passionate about her stuff. The person you see now is different from that person.”

The album, formerly titled The Shakedown, is set to feature production from Ryan Leslie, Kane Beatz, Boi-1da and Reefa, who produced “Da Hottest in Da Hood.” While the LP has been waiting in the wings, Red says that the setbacks helped his artistry.

“I done change that album so many times. But I’m excited that I was able to grow without making a lot of those mistakes by putting out records that I probably wasn’t going to be proud of as a studio album,” he said. “I have some really good features on there, I’ve got some deep records. I kind of don’t want to say something that people are going to be like ‘Get outta here!’ But it’s a really, really good album. I have some great people on there. I don’t wanna give away too much, but you’re going to be surprised.”

Red Café’s debut is slated to hit stores at the end of the summer.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...