Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nicki Minaj Has "Toned Down" Her Sexy Image

Nicki Minaj has claimed that she has "toned down" her sexy image despite protests from her record label, Young Money.

Speaking to NME, the Moment 4 Life rapper revealed that she wanted to take on a less saucy character, because she wanted to be know for her music and not just her looks.

The 26-year old explained: "If you listen to my album, compared to my early mixtapes, a lot has changed. I mean, I really toned down the sexual stuff."

She continued: "There was no need for me to do it. I feel like in the past females have kinda relied on that because they feel like that’s all they have to offer."

As for making the change against Young Money's wishes, the star - who signed with Lil Wayne's label in 2009 - added: "I was around people who were telling me, 'This is what you should be doing'."

"When you're young and impressionable you feel like 'Okay, you know best'."

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...