Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lady GaGa: 'New album is rock crossover'

Lady GaGa hopes her new album will be a rock crossover record that will "reach the masses".

The singer, who recently debuted a song on tour called 'You and I' from the widely-anticipated LP, said the track doesn't reflect the sound of the whole record, but hopes it will have widespread appeal.

"I wrote the song just to write a beautiful song and I intend to put it on the new album, yes," GaGa told RWD.

"But it's not totally indicative of the new album sound; it's just a really big rock and roll hit. I do have these hopes that it could be a great crossover record, so I'm going to put my producer's hat on and get it to a place where I feel like it could reach the masses.

"It's a beautiful, beautiful lyric and melody."

GaGa also discussed her longevity in the music industry, claiming her 'Monster Ball' tour has become a "religion" for her fans.

"I think that I'm, in the best kind of way, as irrelevant as I am relevant and it's the timing of when the music came and when the show came. Also, the thing is, the show has become a religion for me and my fans.

"In that way it's about so much more than the music, the clothes or me. It's about the togetherness of music and culture."

GaGa's new album, Born This Way, is slated for release next year.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...